Sunday, August 28, 2016

What You Learn About Masculinity from Making Fun of Men's Small Dicks for a Living

Photo by Pixallia via

This article originally appeared on VICE UK

My client's on his back, legs wide open, and I'm standing between them, looking disapprovingly at his cock.

"What a tiny cock," I say. "Don't you have a tiny, useless cock?"

"Yes, Mistress," he replies.

"Yes, what?" I ask.

"I have a tiny, useless cock," he whispers.

I look down, and smile: he's hard. That's because he's into small penis humiliation, or SPH, meaning he gets turned on by the idea of his dick being small, useless—even unmanly.

SPH is a form of verbal humiliation and of sexual masochism, where a painful sensation or experience is eroticized. As a professional dominatrix, I understand that some of the most powerful kinks are in the mind, and that they're popular among kinksters: a 2002 Finnish study of people recruited from kinky sex clubs reported 70 percent of them engaged in verbal humiliation.

For some cisgender men, who make up the majority of my clients, humiliation that undermines their sense of masculinity or subverts the social expectations imposed by manhood can be particularly potent and erotic. But in the wake of last week's news, where statues portraying a naked Donald Trump with a minuscule dick and no testicles appeared in cities across the US, I've been thinking about where our obsession with small penis humiliation comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment