Friday, April 28, 2017

Trump Surprised Being President Is Harder Than ‘The Apprentice’​

Less than 100 days into being president, Donald Trump is already pining for the days when he was a reality TV show host and branding expert, famous for his outspoken birtherism and lending his name to shady real estate seminars and meat. Turns out, being president is actually pretty hard.

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," Trump said in an interview with Reuters. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

There have been a lot of questions about why Trump hasn't accomplished more in his first 100 days, but maybe it's because he assume all along that being president would be a breeze compared to the tiresome task of hosting The Apprentice. And this assumption apparently also infected his staff. "I kind of pooh-poohed the experience stuff when I first got here," a White House official told Politico. "But this shit is hard."

While handing out pictures of electoral maps demonstrating his victory to Reuters reporters, Trump bemoaned the restrictions of the presidency, an office he spent more than a year campaigning for. "You're really into your own little cocoon, because you have such massive protection that you really can't go anywhere," he said. "I like to drive. I can't drive any more."

Maybe Trump should just quit?

Follow Eve Peyser on Twitter.



from vice http://ift.tt/2pcanEO
via cheap web hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment